ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: The climb up from the Ravine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The climb up from the Ravine

It was a blood curdling experience . On a cold feb morning we made a beeline for the flatlands which was inhabited by black bucks and chinkaras in the new Tipeshwar wild life sanctuary .One hour into the drive just short of the grasslands our naturalist a famed tracker (one who tracked Avni the man eater) saw a very rarely seen tigress called Twinkle move through the dense forest on the ride side of the road .She would have crossed the road ahead a few seconds before our vehicle arrived . About 20 feet to the right was a river bed at the bottom of a ravine. Our naturalist instructed the driver to leave the road and move across the dense undergrowth, to the edge of this ravine and wait for the tigress to move down the river bed towards the point where we awaited her. About 5 min later we saw her through the dense foliage, moving along the river bed .It was impossible to get any shot .Then the unexpected happened .The nightmare of any safari .She looked up and saw us.
    Unbelievably she started to climb up the side of the ravine her deadly eyes focussed unflinchingly on us , even at the steep angle .I expected the naturalist to instruct the driver to back on to the track but there was no such order and a few more seconds brought the tigrees right on to us. She was wide eyed and perplexed and we were, there all four of us alone and terrified . My first shot as she climbed up .Nikon D 750, 70-200 , F/3.5 ,ISO 500 ,1/500s early morning Tipeshwar .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Thrilling experience. Aggressive look. Brave you have clicked. Superb image. I stopped pressing button in Kaziranga. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice photo with intense looks from the Tigress.THe animal stands out from the surrounding greenery.

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to see the tigress in dense vegetation. The tigress was surprised to see a vehicle and wanted to check the reason why you guys were there. In some of these smaller places the tigers are not as used to tourists as in tadoba or ranthambhore. If these kind of situations if the tourists do something stupid then there can be an accident. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such incidents give the real feeling of being in the wild. In these places the tigers are still not used to humans and that is good. Loved the stare. So did she cross and leave? Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information