ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: The run to the mom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The run to the mom

A shy sub adult cub running to mom.The mom was resting other side of the road. That was a quick move from one side to other side of the road.Anyhow i got few action clicks. From kabini. canon 7d mii with tamron 150_600 iso 2500,1/400,f5.6 ,hand held at 500m
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good that you could quickly fire. The image shows nice action with the hind legs off the ground. The rippling muscles of the front right leg solely bearing the weight at that moment looks awesome - way more power than any human can have.Your focus is locked on the hind part. Your shutter speed of 1/400 was neither high to freeze the motion nor was it very low to get complete blur. Instinctively you have tried to pan along the direction of motion and fired. There is a technique called pan-blur where we use low shutter speeds and then pan along the direction the subject is moving and click. This gives a streaks kind of blur in the background while keeping the subject relatively sharp. Your shutter speed was higher than that. Since this is a sudden movement it is also difficult to raise the shutter speed via higher ISO. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice action shot captured.You could get the animal fully in the frame.As mentioned by Sabyaji you had little time to do any changes to the settings.

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful nearly mid-air pose captured. It can be seen he would have crossed in lightening speed. The tail balancing its position and the flexed muscles look good. You did well in the given conditions. Lovely capture. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 31-03-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone.The main thing is that I was with the FD canter .As you all knows the difficulty to get a good click from it with lot of peoples around us .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And no vehicles in the back ground makes it an even better capture.

Thread Information