Thread: A rarest one from Taiga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A rarest one from Taiga

During the birding trip (Feb, 2020) at the Teesta Barrage, Gajoldoba (Jalpaiguri, West Bengal) I have found many variety of migratory ducks and raptors. Here it is a rare vagrant from the Boreal wetlands of Taiga Biome (Scandinavia, the Baltic States, and northern Russia). This is a female Common Goldeneye. It is very shy diving duck and it does not allow a close approach So, I have to manage a very distant shot from the boat (heavily cropped image).
    Nikon D500, Nikkor 200-500 mm
    500 mm, f/6.3, 1/1250s, iso 400
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rare sighting. The 'goldeneye' looks nice. Its good you got a chance to sight and photograph it . Was any blurring/sharpening done? Even if it is crop, you can post it as is, as not all times we can get closer to the subject and I feel that sharpening kind of enhances the noise in the image. Thanks for sharing the detailed information. Look forward to more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Rare sighting. The 'goldeneye' looks nice. Its good you got a chance to sight and photograph it . Was any blurring/sharpening done? Even if it is crop, you can post it as is, as not all times we can get closer to the subject and I feel that sharpening kind of enhances the noise in the image. Thanks for sharing the detailed information. Look forward to more.
    Thanks madam for the observation.....I have image sharpening not blurring........ok I shall post a wider shot.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to see this record shot. Always mention the dates wherever possible, so that later if required one can cite it. This is more important when you find a species in an area which is not covered under the existing protected area network. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Nice to see this record shot. Always mention the dates wherever possible, so that later if required one can cite it. This is more important when you find a species in an area which is not covered under the existing protected area network. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Thanks sir....The photograph was clicked on 10th Feb, 2020.

Thread Information