ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: All for that precious drop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default All for that precious drop

ID: Ants(specific id help appreciated) feeding on the tiny honey dew off an aphid

With, almost a global level lockdown in place, looking out for subject for photography, a usual getaway over the weekend, seemed difficult(not an ideal thing to worry off when the whole world is undergoing a difficult phase), until I started looking around in the household small garden. With lacewing eggs and eventual hatchlings last weekend, this weekend turned out that the Painted spiral ginger plant in the balcony seemed to be infected with aphids, a sudden burst of them, which also had brought in some tiny ants, which, as seen in the frame, kept on attending the tiny to the tiniest aphids for the precious honeydew secreted off the body of aphids. Really interesting how these infestations start off and how the ants get introduced.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro + Raynox
    F/14
    Shutterspeed 1/200
    ISO 200
    Handheld, External flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know you are staying at home, but have found a way to still continue photography . So these ants were secreting the honeydew off the body of aphids? Interesting observation. Look forward to more from your balcony . Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very interesting attempt exploring the world in your home. Keep on doing it and showing us some more such interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information