User Tag List

Thread: A lockdown portrait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default A lockdown portrait

ID: Longhorn beetle

A surprise visitor at home, this beauty seemed to have taken our sliding as refuge for taking some rest from the extremely dry summer day. After a while though, by the time I could set up for extreme macro, the hefty beetle seemed to have shifted to my daughter’s chair, which made her pretty happy and more interested in observing its behavior, though the lack of motion by the beetle made her a bit bored. Eventually though could manage some decent shots of the beauty, including this portrait shot. Its interesting to note that the beetle could reach close to 60-65m high(14th floor of the society), making me curious as of what could be the highest height a beetle could fly, and for what distances

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro + Raynox
    F/14
    Shutterspeed 1/200
    ISO 160
    Handheld, External flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good details. Seems there are pollen grains on its face. Quite interesting to see it reached the 14th floor, maybe it might have visited some flowering pots in the below floors and climbed flower to flower and floor to floor . I feel including less of the pink surface at the bottom would have been nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fascinating exploring ultra closeups of these tiny fellows. I am reminded of the Hollywood movie fly with Jeff Goldblum as scientist whose dna get contaminated with that of a fly. ��

Thread Information