ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Jungle cat: Sundarbans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Jungle cat: Sundarbans

This was from our January Sundarbans trip. This was first day first show.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM lens + EF 2XIII TC ie 800mm, ISO 1600, f7.1, 1/1600, full frame image.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice habitat shot of the cat.I would have preferred a more closer one.But it seems the animal was far off from the camera.It is resting like a Tiger!

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Beautiful image from the Sunderbans . The environment is unmistakable . Very sharp image though it seems to have been clicked from a distance .The inclusion of the water adds to the composition .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful habitat composition. This was taken when we spotted it and then the launch started to move closer. It was resting and here it can be seen it raised its head to see who it is . It allowed us to come quite close. I think Sabyasachi posted a vertical composition of it earlier, a very tight framing of the cat from up close. Nice capture. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments. Shooting from a motor launch has got its own challenges like vibration as well as positioning yourself. You can't also move in the launch for reasons of your safety ie. you can trip and fall. And also if you move in the launch then the animal gets disturbed.

In this case, we were moving closer and I was clicking whenever I was liking the composition. There is a closer one of the same jungle cat which I will post soon. However, in this image you can see the water and that tells a story in itself. The next image that I am going to post doesn't have water in it, as we had moved in closer by that time.

Earlier I had posted a vertical close up shot. That was of another cat which was much darker and was the last shot of our trip.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information