User Tag List

Thread: The angel of summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The angel of summer

ID: Spot swordtail

One of the most beautiful and swift butterflies to be spotted around the national park areas, especially with the influx of the summer heat, these Spot swordtails are very difficult subject to frame, especially in the midst of the sunny day. Mostly sensitive to any form of motion or sound, these, close to 100mm long beauty, can be seem fluttering around in an erratic manner. But one can admire the beauty of it once it settles down for some rest. They, sometimes, can be seen in huge group at particular section of the Nagla trail, can recall counting 10-12 of them at this particular spot, giving us ample opportunity to frame them.
    Was lucky enough to encounter this specimen during the last trip to Nagla, before the Pandemic hit us forcing u to stay at home, and surprisingly, was cooperative enough to get a frame of the butterfly. These can be seen until the initial phase of monsoon and the next sightings would be only possible on the next summer season, atleast along the national park areas.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro
    F/6.3
    Shutterspeed 1/320
    ISO 320
    Handheld, External flash fired(fill in light)

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a variety of colours and patterns on the wings. The vertical composition compliments the side profile, especially with the characteristic swordtail. Nice capture. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information