User Tag List

Thread: The night angel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The night angel

ID: Dragonfly

Lockdown, due to the global pandemic, had brought in tough times to most of the population forcing many to stay indoors, atleast for the fortunate ones. But something that most naturalists missed was the ability to explore and document the ever changing natural world and the life that exists in it, pandemic or not. Though the unlock1.0/lockdown 5.0 has given some freedom to delve out , with precautionary measures in place, but still has evaded us with the interface with the nature, which, with the premonsoons, is blooming with new life and vibrance. While doing the routine evening walk, encountered this interesting sight of the dragonfly sleeping on a dried plant, along the parking structure in our society. With the lights of the neighbouring building, the transparent wings showcased a unique translucence, making it standing out in the rather dark background. Though mobile cams are not yet capable enough to capture this unique sight, with good details, decided to get the macro gear to frame the beauty, after a very long time, almost for the first time getting the kit out of the comfort zone of my home. Eventually with some experimentation with torch light captured the frame, something that I had spot while walking around. Hoping for the situation to improve, hopefully with some responsible behavior from the general public, taking the seriousness of the current situation, thus allowing us opportunities to restart the exploration of nature and its beautiful creations.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro
    F/6.3
    Shutterspeed ¼sec
    ISO 100
    Tripod mounted, flash light used

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow you have spotted and captured the crystal like textures in the wings nicely. Its good you still observe the macro life around you, and took the opportunity to take out your camera and capture it.

Agree the natural world continues their lives around us (maybe with less disturbance) the only good thing about the lockdown. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The wings look like carved in stone. Lovely. This is a very interesting attempt. Keep on trying. Though some of the forests have opened, time is still not right to travel. Hopefully situation will improve soon. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information