ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Mongoose Road kill in Bhubaneswar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Mongoose Road kill in Bhubaneswar

I have seen several nasty roadkills while driving from one wilderness area to another. However, this mongoose kill made me feel bad. I have been watching this mongoose in most of the lockdown period from my rooftop in bhubaneswar. There is a swampy area behind my house. Till 15 years ago, there used to be pied kingfishers, moorehens, bronze winged jackanas, at times shovelers. Gradually it got filled due to construction debris and is now in just a wasteland for wastewater. However snakes and mongoose are still found. This one used to enter into my house and even catch rats right infront of my doorstep. A bike most probably that of my neighbour killed it as it was just entering my gate. Left me with immense sadness especially since my lane is a dead end after 20 feet. It was a wild mongoose and was successfully living here. Sadly our need for speed and recklessness ensured the loss of a life.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its really sad, that a big mammal like mongoose (which can be quite fast) is killed in daylight by a vehicle (that too in a colony area). The problem is no one is bothered. No one thinks about it or no steps are taken to avoid it in the future. Soon there will hardly be any wildlife left around us. Very unfortunate.

Thread Information