w w w . i n d i a w i l d s . c o m
home
about Sabyasachi Patra
diary
forums
image gallery
contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Greater Painted Snipe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    05-05-15
    Location
    Barddhaman, West Bengal
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Greater Painted Snipe

    During monsoon the agricultural fields are ready for paddy cultivation (sowing the seeds) with high moisture content. These fields are excellent habitats for this bird.
    Greater Painted Snipe (female). Female is more colorful and darker than male.
    Location - Damodar River valley, Bardhaman, West Bengal
    Date - 18/07/2020
    Nikon D500
    Nikkor 200-500 mm
    480 mm, f/6.3, 1/640s, iso 250
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    24-11-08
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    15,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The low angle looks great. Good details and the catchlight in the eye adds to the composition. How are the sightings there this time? Thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    24-11-08
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    15,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great to see that you got this one in a paddy field. We only sight them in chilika. The angle is nice here. If the head was slightly turned towards you then it would have been even better. May be placing a hide will help get closer shots and interesting behaviour. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

  4. #4
    Join Date
    15-04-13
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,481
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice colourful bird .Great that you sight it in a paddy field .Lovely colours and composition .Thanks for sharing .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    05-05-15
    Location
    Barddhaman, West Bengal
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    The low angle looks great. Good details and the catchlight in the eye adds to the composition. How are the sightings there this time? Thanks for sharing.
    thanks madam...in monsoon waterbirds and gamebirds are very active in the damodar Valley. Due to lockdown situation they feel very peace.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    05-05-15
    Location
    Barddhaman, West Bengal
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Great to see that you got this one in a paddy field. We only sight them in chilika. The angle is nice here. If the head was slightly turned towards you then it would have been even better. May be placing a hide will help get closer shots and interesting behaviour. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Thanks sir....it is very shy bird.....I shall try from a hide to get few shots.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    05-05-15
    Location
    Barddhaman, West Bengal
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyamala Kumar View Post
    Nice colourful bird .Great that you sight it in a paddy field .Lovely colours and composition .Thanks for sharing .
    Thanks a lot...in this region it is commonly found in paddy fields

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •