Thread: Freshwater Ecosystems Webinar Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Freshwater Ecosystems Webinar Series

From 21st to 27th September, Learn - Indian Freshwater Ecosystems (L-IFE) is hosting a daily webinar to help people from high school students to interested adults understand more about precious connections within freshwater ecosystems. Each day from 7.30pm (IST), our expert speakers will demonstrate why links between hydrological process, species and habitat are critical to the survival of all.

L-IFE is a collaboration between volunteers from Nityata River Otter Conservancy, Freshwater Turtles and Tortoises of India, and Mahseer Trust.
    You can contact the team on freshwatereco@gmail.com

Access to any of the webinars is here:
    us02web.zoom.us/j/85155217957?pwd=L0xURndZWlU1SGFMYi8wczN3QnRndz09
    Meeting ID: 851 5521 7957
    Passcode: 954465

Once the series is complete, every video will be available as an education resource on our YouTube channel at:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9A...Re8hRv0oE-S_zg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't managed to attach the schedule poster, so for those who are interested, the programme is as follows:

21st - Migrating with the Flow (Divya Vasudev)
    22nd - Aquatic World of Insects & Plants (Parag Ragnekar, Aparna Watve & Shantanu Joshi)
    23rd - Connecting Rivers & Fish (Arya Sidharthan, Surabhi Singh & Bhawna Dhawan)
    24th - River Reptiles & Sandy Shores (Jailabdeen Mohideen, Devayani Khare & Abhijit Das)
    25th - Mammals in the Wetlands (Malhar Indulkar, Madhushri Mudke & Giridhar Malla)
    26th - Canophibians: Frogs & Trees (KV Gururaja, KS Seshadri & Priti Gururaja)
    27th - Rivers as Sacred Spaces (Parineeta Dandekar)

It is our intention to also develop sessions in regional languages over time. We hope to rerun session 2 in Marathi and session 6 in Kannada very soon after completing the whole programme.
    If anyone can help with regional language translations in future, please contact me by PM or the team on email. Thank you.

Thread Information