User Tag List

Thread: The ghost bloom of the urban world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The ghost bloom of the urban world

ID: Alstonia scholaris

One of the most fragrant annual bloomer, these seem to have taken a unique place in the urban biodiversity, especially due to its tendency to grow at a pretty fast pace. Seen along a long stretch of GB road, these trees, known for its fragrance and also for some ghost-ly stories, in the native places, tend to be very useful one from several point, be it for the general usage of its soft wood or the medicinal values it has. As per the traditional beliefs of certain communities of TuluNadu, the bark of these trees are pretty auspicious and a bitter concoction made out of it is consumed during certain time of the year, to keep away any form of ailments
    The fact that such precious life forms are nurturing amongst the harsh conditions of the urban scape is hard to believe, hoping that they continue to grow and flourish, bringing the much needed freshness and the annual fragrance bonanza to the urban dwellers

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 18-135 IS
    F/14
    Shutterspeed 8 sec
    ISO 100
    Tripod mounted

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting effect. However, the light immediately on the right attracts attention. The flower perhaps moved and hence not sharp. Also, the white flowers are getting overexposed and details not visible. So I liked your previous shot with similar concept. The tail lamps of cars have created nice effect. Keep on trying. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting composition. The light trails create a nice effect showing how we are moving fast away from nature . Agree some more details in the flowers would have enhanced the composition further. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information