Thread: Mugger Closeup 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Mugger Closeup 2

This image is in the same series as posted earlier https://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?19695

The depth of field at 800mm focal length was less. So experimented with slightly moving the focus infront of the eye. The previous image was focused on the eye, so you will see more portions behind the right eye is in focus. In this image by moving the focus to the front of the eye, more of the snout is in focus and shows patterns of the mud on the snout.

I was on an unstable platform and couldn't afford to use a narrow aperture as the slow shutter speed would have made the image soft.

What do you think?

Canon EOS 400mm f2.8 L IS USM lens plus 2x II TC ie. at 800mm focal length. f8, 1/320 second from boat. full frame image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow the textures and colours on the skin at this close range look great. Now even the minute cracks in the mud on its snout can be seen. It helped that it was steady and gave ample time to try different settings.

Close observation is required to understand the subtle differences created by this change of focus. This shows that, it is not just pressing the shutter, the photographer needs to think clearly as to what part he wants the focus to be on and why.

These series of images will help to learn more about photography . Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information