User Tag List

Thread: The night pollinator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The night pollinator

ID: Bat(detailed ID help appreciated)

A garden is a great asset from the urban biodiversity and here is the best example how it nurtures the biodiversity while taking up a small fsi. Here is one example of the banana plant that has bloomed with a flower, and these call for a huge traffic of tiny birds feeding on it, during the day time, but during the night time, these beauties come in for feeding on them. Have been noticing few of these smaller flyers flying around the garden(next to our lobby), swiftly and stealthily, but noticed one feeding on the flower, early in the evening, hence decided to frame it on the dslr. Equipped with the camera and flash rigged onto the neighbouring tree, had attempted several tries, but these nocturnal angels, though blind, were alert and intelligent enough to spot me and kept on circling me to identify the intruder and kept itself away from the flowers. But eventually it decided to get back to the tasty feast and, though back to it, it just kept on looking around for the changes in its surroundings, probably the flash that was kept on the next tree, and eventually went ahead enjoying the feast.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 18-135 IS
    F/16
    Shutterspeed 1/250
    ISO 320
    Handheld, internal and external flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Beautiful image showing of a bat in the act of feeding . The eyes are magnetic .It could be the Indian Flying Fox also known as Greater fruit bat .Thanks for sharing .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very interesting image Prajwal! Looks like fruit bat. Good use of remote flash. Without that it would have been difficult. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You captured it in a very good pose and nice eye contact. The small yellow flowers and the bananas add interest and make the image colourful. Your observation and patience has paid off . Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a great photograph.

Thread Information