ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: On The Road to Kutta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default On The Road to Kutta

Travelling from Hunsur to Kutta a considerable part of the road winds its way through the forests of Nagarhole . This encounter was one of the highlights of the journey .Nikon 850+200-500 .ISO ,2200 ,1/1000s F/8 ,very late in the evening Oct 2020 .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice environmental composition. It seems the sloth bear stopped to give a look at these intruders before moved away. They are pretty fast in climbing and descending trees. So showing trees in the composition makes us think about its next move. Will it go about its normal business and simply climb on a tree or sniff the ground to dig? Or did it think that these humans are not to be trusted and hence it ran away? A very tight composition would not give us those kinds of thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful framing. For a change we can see it is not hurrying to cross and taking a moment to wait and see. Maybe there is less traffic these days, so the wildlife is having a respite . Lovely capture. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Beautiful framing. For a change we can see it is not hurrying to cross and taking a moment to wait and see. Maybe there is less traffic these days, so the wildlife is having a respite . Lovely capture. Thanks for sharing.
    No he just looked up for a sec ,that too because our vehicle braked . There were two other photographers with huge fixed lens . They could not get a shot as the bear made a dash for it even as the vehicle came to a halt .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What a fantastic shot!Its nice to see a bear all on its on standing on a deserted road.I have never seen a bear in Kabini.Saw a few at Daroji.

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Large Sloth Bear with imposing personality.
    Lovely natural scene. Nice image.

I used to admire Himalayan Black Bear for its courage to challenge and drive away Tiger from its kill and taking possession after reading Jim Corbett
    during my school days.
    That Sloth bear is no less brave was known by general public when in Ranthambhore a Sloth bear with two small cubs fought and drove away fighting a romantic couple- a Tigress and a Tiger, when the mother Sloth Bear sensed the drunk couple could become a threat for life of her cubs!
    So, all bears of India are brave, large brother Brown Bear automatically included.
    An emotional man like me wrote a history paper because the I saw boldness in image which remained in my imagination since 1960.
    Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 21-10-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well even when Shyamalaji ventures near the forests its denizens come out to greet . Lovely sighting of the bear crossing the road and momentarily halting to check on the incoming vehicle. Can see its front claws clearly and is a message- keep out!! Looks healthy and in fine condition. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information