ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: The Star Male of Tipeshwar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The Star Male of Tipeshwar

It was a long uneventful safari without any sightings .On the drive back it was as usual, practically dark when this huge male crossed the road close in front of us and disappeared into the forest beyond .He is the only male in the sanctuary and is distinguished by a star on his forehead .There are about five females he is consorting with, which means there is a serious danger of inbreeding . I only had my long zoom lens and just managed to encompass his huge girth in the frame before he disappeared into the shrubbery .Nikon 850+200-500, FL 240 ,ISO 3200 ,F/7.1 ,1/400 . Feb 2020 .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks like a huge male!It has huge paws and makes sure footed moves.....Tippeshwar being a smaller sanctuary,as the no of Tigers go up there can be competition for territory.I think most of the Tiger reserves are looking towards this issue of lack of territory for its inhabitant Tigers.

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really lucky that you could sight this king of the jungle. The low angle looks good. The high ISO has helped. Good details and composition. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice image of the tiger, Shyamalaji. I have not heard of Tipeshwar sanctuary and had to actually look it up after your post. the raised paw and awkward tongue out enhances the composition. Thanks for sharing. I have been contemplating the Nikon 850 for a while now but the price is fairly high and in comparison I feel D500 is a better bargain. I have heard some fantastic reviews from my friends using the 850, making me still undecided.

Rahara, Uttarpara, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful image..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great to see this image from a different wildlife sanctuary. The tiger looks healthy and fills me with joy. Protection and contiguity with other wilderness areas will help tigers disperse and get a suitable home. Unfortunately, ill planned mines allocations by Government as well as diversion of forests for other industrial uses, dams, canals etc and overall growth in human habitations is ensuring that there is no cover for a tiger to disperse from a landscape. So there is competition between tigers in a few wildlife sanctuaries. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Murugan Anantharaman View Post
    Nice image of the tiger, Shyamalaji. I have not heard of Tipeshwar sanctuary and had to actually look it up after your post. the raised paw and awkward tongue out enhances the composition. Thanks for sharing. I have been contemplating the Nikon 850 for a while now but the price is fairly high and in comparison I feel D500 is a better bargain. I have heard some fantastic reviews from my friends using the 850, making me still undecided.
    I have both and love them both .Of course the D850 is full frame ,but the 500 is much faster .Both are good in low light .But I am using the 850 much more .for normal safari .D500 is great for birding with a long lens . Finally it's up to you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Shyamalaji. While the 500 is still a crop sensor camera, the 850 is a full frame and one of the best Nikon has as far as wildlife is concerned as per reports. I have also been told that the 850 aids in flawless crops as well, though I am not a great fan of cropping its never too close when it comes to wildlife. Am inclined towards the 850 now. I have a D7500 which performs fairly well and if I compare between the 7500 and 500, while the 500 is a few notches ahead-the 7500 still has some of the features of the 500 making it a pretty decent crop sensor camera. Given this situation all fingers seem to be pointing towards the 850, lets see. Thanks for your inputs.

Thread Information