ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: The Pair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The Pair

Managed to capture these two Indian Golden Jackals in one frame .They were a group of four and moving very fast in their unique loping gait .The other two making up the group were following behind but these quickly made themselves scarce sensing our presence .Nikon 850+200-500,ISO 1400 ,F/8 .1/800 s , Cauvery Wild Life Sanctuary July 2020 late morning .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. They are trying to ascertain the threat perception. They quickly move away when they see people. Once they were common throughout our landscape and today we consider their sighting as equal to a tiger sighting. Such is the degradation of our wilderness areas and decimation of our wildlife. While shooting my documentary in Rann of Kutch, I saw these fellows struggle to scavenge as feral dogs are also a threat for them. So I strongly feel for them. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see that you got both in the same frame, their hind legs almost overlap perfectly. Cant agree more with Sabyasachi, Jackals which were once very common are now getting scarce. I remember in the 90s when I used to go to Corbett it was so common to see jackals and one could figure the relationship between jackals and tigers if you spent enough time to see how they complement each other in finding food at times. The last I went to Corbett was in 2014 and in 3 days we just saw 1 Jackal as compared to the significantly higher numbers we used to sight earlier. Even that sighting was not in the jungle but on the road leading to Jhirna gate. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice pic of Jackals!One has to be lucky to see them in the wild as said by Sabyaji.Cuvery wildllife sanctuary seems to be a good place to visit!

Regars

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rare sighting. Sighting four and getting two in a frame, you are really lucky. Lovely eye contact from both, shows how their move was synchronised. Good, the sightings have improved in Cauvery Widlife Sanctuary. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information