ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: On the Move ,Grizzled Giant Squirrel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default On the Move ,Grizzled Giant Squirrel

This Grizzled Giant Squirrel was moving like lightning among the trees .It was a tough proposition to capture him and his long bushy tail in its entirety .Nikon D500+150-600 ,ISO 1600 ,F/8 ,1/200 s, FL 450, Cauvery Wild Life Sanctuary July 2020 .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

These fellows are pretty fast. I remember clicking them in Sriviliputhur. Before I could set my tripod they were jumping and moving. Also clicking when they are high up in the canopy is not easy as that means shooting against the light. How many of these did you sight? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice picture of the giant squirrel moving about, Shyamalaji. It amazes me when I see them in so many different morphs in different regions. Here in Bornean side they are jet black in color with a rufous belly. Light seems to have been a bit harsh. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice pic of a Giant squirrel.You seem to have got the lighting perfect here.Very difficult to photograph them.

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good spotting as well as fast movement is required to photograph them. Beautiful eye contact and the bushy tail included in full adds to the composition. How are the safaris done there? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Good spotting as well as fast movement is required to photograph them. Beautiful eye contact and the bushy tail included in full adds to the composition. How are the safaris done there? Thanks for sharing.
    This was in Galibore on the banks of Cauvery .There are no safaris .Since this place is in the middle of the forests we just went on drives up and down the tracks .These squirrels were in the huge trees surrounding the resort .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    These fellows are pretty fast. I remember clicking them in Sriviliputhur. Before I could set my tripod they were jumping and moving. Also clicking when they are high up in the canopy is not easy as that means shooting against the light. How many of these did you sight? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    I saw two playing around moving at frenetic speed in the huge trees surrounding the resort . I spent the whole day waiting under the trees waiting for them .They came suddenly and unexpectedly like a flash of lightening and disappeared equally fast .

Thread Information