ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Peregrine Falcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peregrine Falcon

This one is from my archives during a trip to Corbett N.P. It was a pleasant afternoon during winter and we saw this falcon on the Jhirna side of Corbett. It was perched on this branch for a long time and did not seem bothered by our presence. Corbett N.P. is pretty cold in the morning during winters and extremely pleasant during the afternoon safari.

Nikon D7k,f/5.6,SS 1/200, ISO 400, Nikkor 300mmf4+1.4x TC @ 420mm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see it perched in the open in good light. We had sighted one in Sunderbans, and Saktida used to refer to it as 'Terror from the sky" (in Krishnan's words) . Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

This is Shaheen Falcon (Falco peregrinus peregrinator). Resident race of Peregrine in India. It is much the size of Peregrine, with breast and abdomen suffused with a rich, orange-brown.

Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus) has Rufous white below and is a winter visitor to India and we saw it in Sundarbans in January 2020.
    Krishnan wrote that Shaheen is as bold and impetuous in its hunting as Peregrine and in fact, it was preferred by falconers in the olden days.
    Murugan, I am delighted to find you after quite a long period. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 02-11-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your comments, Saktida. A visit to Sundarbans is long due for me, I am yet to travel to that enchanting place. Hopefully will make it during my next trip to India. Thanks for your warm welcome, Saktida-I am delighted to return to Indiawilds as well.

Thread Information