Thread: Great Barbet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Great Barbet

There is another small town that I discovered during my stay in Uttarakhand last year. The place is called Pokhri and is in the Chamoli district. I came to know of this place when I was looking for some offbeat places to stay during my 2 week sojourn to the Himalayas in Uttarakhand. There is a lovely homestay in Pokhri owned by a lady who lives in Delhi, when I spoke to her came to know that during one such vacation in Uttarakhand she found this place and fell in love with it and bought this place. And when I went there I wasn't disappointed, with the view of the snow capped Himalayan ranges and dense forests around Pokhri, it is a nature lovers den. Birding was abundant, I was told a week back a king cobra had passed within the premise of the homestay, there is a picture of a leopard taken 200-300 mtrs from the homestay. While I saw a lot of birds I didn't really come across any other mammals or reptiles. Its a place I would love to go back. I saw this Great Barbet hopping from tree to tree, however I couldn't get a clear shot due to the branches.

Nikon D7500,Nikkor 200-500 @480mm, f/7.1, SS 1/320, ISO 200.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information