Canon has launched RF 70-200 F4 L IS USM lens
Canon has been increasing its RF mount camera and lens ecosystem. The RF mount lens lineup has got a new addition in the form of Canon RF 70-200 F4 L IS USM lens. This is even smaller than the EF 70-200 F4 L IS USM lens. The compact and lightweight nature of the lens makes it Canonís shortest and lightest 70-200mm F4 zoom lens to date. Canon has achieved 32 percent shorter and 11 percent lighter as compared to the EF mount version. This can be attributed to the development in technology as well as lighter weight materials. This would make it much more preferable when one is in treks and when you are trying to fit in lot of equipment into your camera bag. Canon says a lot of the lens elements are bunched closer to the camera body so the centre of gravity shifts and it becomes more balanced while handholding even at the zoom rangeís telephoto end.
The RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM features two independent Nano USM motors, providing an even greater level of high-speed autofocus for still image shooting as well as quiet and smooth autofocus for video shooting. The lens also incorporates a floating focus control that drives the two lens groups individually while using the two aforementioned Nano USM motors. The floating focus lens element shortens the focusing distance and helps reduce breathing, providing users with fast, consistent and reliable performance.
Additional Features of The Canon RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM Lens Include:
- 16 lens elements in 11 groups, including four UD lenses, that help to reduce chromatic aberration
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5 Stops[i] of Shake Correction
- Up to 7.5 stops[ii] of Shake Correction with coordinated control of Optical Image Stabilizer and In-Body Image Stabilizer
- Three stabilizer modes
- Customizable control ring that allows photographers to adjust exposure compensation, shutter speed, aperture, or ISO
- 12-pin communication system
- L-Series dust and weather-resistant build with a fluorine coating
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.97 feet and a maximum magnification of 0.28x
- Air Sphere Coating (ASC) that helps minimize lens flare and ghosting
The Canon RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM lens is ideal for photography enthusiasts ranging from advanced amateur to professional skill levels. I generally prefer the f2.8 versions of lenses for low light applications. However, these days the high ISO ability of cameras have gone up so I would be fine shooting with this f4 lens.
Availability: Early December
Price: $1599 US Dollars. India price is yet to be announced.