User Tag List

Thread: Aim for the moon…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Aim for the moon…

ID: Kite

One of the urban raptors, that seems to nurture very well amongst the unnatural structures, this particular spot, i.e. the crane for a building construction, has always been selected as an ideal spot for the kite for setting up a home. Likewise this year, this particular one seemed to be looking for a good spot along the crane and with the same intent seemed to have started collecting dead branches of the plants and trees, and accumulating it over it. Have spotted it carrying small, fickle to elongated branches, regularly to this particular spot, and most of the time, like in this case, the morning moon would christen in the background, always making me feel, what a frame that wud be. Eventually tried one frame with my humble and aged zoom lens, though, in an attempt to bring in some more interest and fantasy to it, decided to combine images to get the moon also in sharp detail, hardly a possibility otherwise, using snapseed app.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 55-250 IS
    F/14
    Shutterspeed 1/500(Shutter priority)
    ISO 800
    Handheld, no flash fired
    Images combined using Snapseed Mobile App

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow lovely timing. The moon looks like a halo . Kites have adapted well and are thriving in the changing landscape in cities. This photograph captures this behaviour nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Black kites are survivors. They have an uncanny ability to find food in the urban jungle and survive. Once in bangalore suddenly infront of me a black kite appeared out of nowhere and swooped down on a tempo carrying lot of chicken, probably for some feast. And the black kite could easily grab a piece from a partial opening of the vessel kept on the top of the tempo. All this happened without the kite landing on the vehicle or touching the vessel where the chicken pieces were kept. After a few feet again when the vehicle stopped in the traffic light again this and a few others flew and carried away pieces. I was enjoying the sight while driving behind.

I like the concept of the shot. I am wondering how it would have come out on a long telephoto on a tripod. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Unique framing .Nice timely shot .One normally associates an owl or a wolf against the moon .Thanks for sharing

Thread Information