ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Dholes @ NSTR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dholes @ NSTR

Nikon P510 , 1/100 , F5.9 , ISO 800. Hand held , Full frame and basic pp in Lightroom.

Clicked on August, 2017 at NSTR.
    We have been going to NSTR for 10 years now and all our hardwork paid off in 2017 when we sighted a pack of Dholes. There were around 30 dholes in the pack. The largest pack I have ever seen. I have visited Tadoba , Kanha , Pench , Kabini but never seen such a large pack of dholes. In the forest, there was a kucha road going inside the forest, we used to regularly visit the road and one fine day we sighted the dholes. Me and my father were busy clicking the photos of an Asian koel perched on a nearby branch when my mom spotted the pack. They were just 100 mtrs away from the main road , and extremely close to the people who were eating and drinking inside the forest , but no-one noticed them. They moved past our vehicle and went inside the forest. However, the kucha road has now been closed ( a good decision as many people used to go inside and litter the place and cause disturbance to wildlife) and only forest gaurds can go inside. The year 2017 was very lucky as we had even spotted a leopard one night at NSTR and last year my dad sighted a sloth bear at NSTR.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pack of 30 is really good, it seems NSTR has a good population of Dholes. There are some really good days and some days when you don't sight anything , but you have to keep visiting, and you have been lucky to have been doing that for last 10 years. So many experiences and so many learnings .

Wish the tree stump had not been blocking the dhole on the right, maybe moving slightly to the left would have helped to get him in the clear. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. I guess due to the bushes it was not easy for all the dholes to be sighted. Else, a wider shot with more dholes would have been a nice record. If NSTR can get protection from poachers, woodcutters and other people then the wildlife can bounce back.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good shot of Dholes captured here.It is not often that we sight these dogs in the wild.They move quickly and give us less opportunity to click.

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Mrudul ma'am , Sabyasachi sir and VS Sankar sir for viewing and providing your valuable suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice habitat shot . Wonderful to hear that there is a pack of 30 . Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information