contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Sirkeer Malkoha at Vikarabad district.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sirkeer Malkoha at Vikarabad district.

Nikon P900 , 1/500 , F6.3 , ISO 280. Almost full frame, just cropped a bit from the bottom to bring the bird front. Basic pp in Lightroom.

Clicked on 26th July, 2020 at Damagundem reserve forest , Vikarabad district.
    We had visited this place to sight the Painted Francolin. Luckily, the day became even better as we sighted the Sirkeer Malkoha and the Blue - faced Malkoha in addition to the Painted Francolin.
    I remember my dad posting a thread about the creation of a navy base at this place. Fortunately, this is not done yet. But the area is being destroyed due to the creation of plots and farmhouses. In addition to this many films are being shooted at this place, causing even more disturbance to wildlife.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it turned out to be a good sightings day for you . Nice head turn and eye contact. Maybe moving the camera a bit more to the right would have been nice (in the direction it is looking). I was felling good when you said the Navy base didn't come up there, but after reading the last lines, it is the same situation as other places, man destroying nature . As it is a reserve forest, is the forest department not taking any action? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. Not an easy shot as you are clicking against the light. Front lighting is generally the best to get details in the bird. I am yet to get a good shot of this bird. The few times I have seen this species, the moment I lift my camera it is gone. So am still waiting to get a decent shot the way I want.

Farm houses is a challenge in many places. So the november issue of IndiaWilds main article was focused on people moving to interior villages for setting up farmhouses. Instead of fighting with them, I am trying to advise folks as to how to maintain a part of it as green area and go for organic farming or maintaining as orchards. That would help in the existing wildlife still be able to use the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Mrudul ma'am and Sabyasachi sir for viewing and providing your valuable feedback.
    Mrudul ma'am, these farm houses are coming up just at the boundary of the forest at all sides. Regarding film shooting we have no clue about the stand of the forest department but looks like forest conservation may not be at the top of their priorities.
    Sabyasachi sir, Tipeshwar wildlife Sanctuary and Hampi are good places to sight the Sirkeer Malkoha, we have sighted them every time we visit there. Damagundem forest is also a good place to sight the Sirkeer Malkoha along with the Blue - faced Malkoha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice sighting ,and good details in spite of the back lighting .Wonderful that you are able to see this rare bird regularly on your trips to these wild life sanctuaries .Thanks for sharing

Thread Information