ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Blue Throat @ Bidar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blue Throat @ Bidar.

Nikon P900 , 1/125 , F6.5 , ISO 110. Full frame. Basic pp in Lightroom.

Clicked on 13 Dec 2020, near Bidar outskirts.

It turned out to be a wonderful day, full of sightings and a day which is going to be imprinted in my memory. The day started with sighting a Montagu Harrier. While I was near the car, I heard my father calling me and when I reached there he whispered "Bluethroat". After a while we sighted a flock of Grey - necked Buntings. Sometime later we saw a lesser kestrel and in the evening we sighted a Pallid Harrier male perched on a mould of mud, but the lighting was way too poor to get a decent shot . On the way back we sighted a pair of porcupines. They were on the road for quite sometime, but since we had never thought (let alone sight) that there were porcupines present in that area, we could only realise that they were porcupines when our car had passed them. When we returned there were no signs of their presence. Thank god that they hadn't been run over by a speeding vehicle. They were really lucky . They were sighted on the Bidar - Zaheerabad highway which is always full with speeding vehicles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You had some amazing sighting in one day . You can keep a journal to note the sightings and also to write about them, which will help to develop your writing skills further. I think there is a slight shake, maybe as you would not be seating comfortably. Increasing the ISO to say 400 would have given a good shutter speed and more details. Nice low angle and eye contact. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

At what time did you sight the porcupines? Generally they are active in the night and by daybreak return back.

There is perhaps subject movement so the image is not sharp. Also, using a beanbag or monopod helps in low shutter speed situations in arresting shake that can be attributed to the photographer. However, if there is subject movement then obviously the lower shutter speed will not be enough. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Mrudul ma'am and Sabyasachi sir for viewing and providing your valuable suggestions. Sabyasachi sir, we sighted the porcupines around 7:30 pm.

Thread Information