User Tag List

Thread: The Monarch amongst the bushes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The Monarch amongst the bushes

ID: Peahen

One of the resident beauties of this area, in the outskirts of Hubli, these make their presence felt with several morning calls and grandeur sight, for the early morning walkers. When approached, these mighty beauties are expert in hiding themselves away from the sight, beautifully camouflaging into the dense and dark part of the shrubs. One such spot seemed to be this compound wall, surrounded by shrubs, where the beauty almost blended well with the branches popping out of the growth. There seemed to be another couple of these beauties that had made themselves comfortable on the higher branches of the near by tree, probably this one could be transitioning from this particular spot to that near by tree.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 55-250IS
    F/10
    Shutterspeed 1/320
    ISO 125
    Handheld

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even from the shadows its outline is visible and the crown feathers stand out nicely. It shows its shy behavior. Its good to know there a few birds staying in that area. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would love to see a colour version of this. Silhouette works well when there is a light directly opposite to it. The crown looks like some flower buds. In South often peafowls are protected as they are considered as vehicle of Murugan. In Rajasthan there are some places where villagers consider it as part of their religious beliefs to feed grains to peacocks. If poaching and disturbance is stopped then their numbers will multiply fast.

Thread Information