ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tiger in the Bush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Tiger in the Bush

We waited for two hours for this male to come out but he patiently sat us out totally unfazed by the growing number of vehicles that progressively gathered around. This thorny out growth was in a depression on the banks of a stream a considerable distance away.We had to leave but a couple of forest vehicle lingered on .I believe that he later came out holding a Gaur's head in his mouth . Nikon D850+200-500 ,ISO 800 ,1/320s F/7.1 ,Jan ,2021 Nagarhole .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This TIger looks as if it is the most innocent animal in the whole world!...I think it was tough shooting conditions bu the pic has come out well.

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

The Tiger is a gentleman of the forest. He has heard about languages of double-legged mammals fitted with artificial dresses in recent debates. When the numbers became less he came out.

Jawaharlal in the foreword of EP Gee 's book wrote the truth that their comments about man will not be complimentary.

Nice image. Looking at the head only you can be eighty percent correct to identify a male. But my favourite is tigress of Corbett. Sleek and tall always reminds me the Chowgarh's tigress.

Madam changed her gears and lost her colours. Waiting for seeing a photograph of Sundarban Tiger from Madam Shyamala.

Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 23-05-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would love to sight the scene where the tiger is carrying a guar or its head. :-)

It seems the focus is a bit ahead of the tiger. It is not easy to focus when a tiger is at a distance and hid behind vegetation.

I am not sure why people can't sit quietly and watch a tiger. It becomes very difficult to hear the sounds of the jungle. The pleasure of such a sighting goes away. I agree with Jawaharlal Nehru that if at all we were able to understand the language of wild animals then we will know that their views about humans are not complementary.

In that foreword to E.P. Gee's book he also mentioned that Wildlife is written as Wild Life. So I am curious to understand when people started combining the two words to make it wildlife.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The image has captured the mood nicely. You have framed it well. This type of sightings help to understand the behaviour of the tiger. It is a keeping a lookout on the jeeps around and waiting for some peace and quiet. A gaur kill is rare, so he is gaurding it. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful image. This picture reminded me of 'Langdi' a tigress of Pench who was resting under a tree which stood in the center of an almost dry lake. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information