User Tag List

Thread: Western Digital Debuts SanDisk Professional Brand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Western Digital Debuts SanDisk Professional Brand

Western Digital launches Sandisk Professional Brand

If you are a photographer or filmmaker then chances of using Sandisk brand is high. Western Digital which owns the sandisk brand has launched storage solutions in the name of Sandisk Professional. These are premium storage solutions and price is also expected to be higher. However, it is expected that after paying a premium price one should be able to depend on these Sandisk Professional cards, card readers, hard disks, RAIDs etc. Often we are not sure if and when something is going to fail and with it all our data can go down the drain. Lets hope that this premium brand will have bullet proof reliability. The range is going to be available by June.

Some of the items have started appearing in B&H as preorder items. The 4 TB G-DRIVE ArmorATD USB 3.2 Gen 1 hard drive is priced at $149.99 US Dollars. It has a durable rubber bumper, an anodized aluminum enclosure which can withstand 1000 pounds of pressure. It can withstand a drop of 3.3 feet on a carpeted concrete floor. It is also IP 54 rated and hence provides protection against rain, said and dust. No external power is required.

Preorder Link: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...1116850/SID/EZ

Things can get expensive if you start looking at at G-DRIVE array. The Sandisk Professional 96 TB G_RAID shutter 8 which is an 8-bay RAID array of 12 TB each with thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.2 costs 7300 US Dollars. So if you are a serious user or studio then some of these premium products would surely be of interest.

Western Digital Debuts SanDisk Professional Brand

New line of premium-grade solutions purpose-built for creators and professionals worldwide

At its Flash Perspective event today, Western Digital(NASDAQ: WDC) unveiled the new Sandisk Professional ™ brand of premium storage solutions for content creators and professionals. From producing the latest blockbuster film to capturing the moment at a destination wedding to managing business-critical content, the powerful SanDisk Professional portfolio is designed to deliver scalable, high-performance, reliable solutions across industries globally.

Professional content is in constant motion. Content that’s captured or created needs to be saved, transferred, off-loaded, shared and archived. SanDisk Professional offers a range of purpose-built tools to harmonize every step of that process.

“As a professional photographer and filmmaker, my livelihood depends on how I get the job done. There is no room for error. I need the most advanced, reliable and trusted equipment out in the field,” said Lucas Gilman, adventure photographer and filmmaker. “For years I’ve relied on SanDisk and G-Technology solutions because they enable me to focus on the moment with confidence that my creativity won’t be interrupted, and without concern about whether or not they can keep up with my technical needs.”

Jim Welsh, senior vice president and general manager of the Consumer Solutions business at Western Digital, said, “Our customers trust their life’s work to our products. We design and create solutions for every stage of the creative process, harmonizing our customers’ experience so they can save time and focus more on creating. Expanding our brand family with SanDisk Professional allows us to offer advanced solutions to people around the world who rely on the best technology available for their inspiring work.”

Born on the foundation of the company’s world-renowned SanDisk® consumer brand and its professional-grade G-Technology™ brand, the storage choice of Hollywood professionals for decades, the new SanDisk Professional line features 16 modular workflow solutions with professional-grade performance and enterprise-class reliability that will include:
    · PRO-CINEMA CFexpress VPG400 – An all-new professional-grade, rugged CFexpress® card for videographers and cinematographers needing superior, uninterrupted performance with video recording at a minimum of 400MB/s** to keep up with the demands facing today’s videography, broadcast and cinema industries. The new card is expected to be available this summer.

· PRO-READER series – Four new PRO-READER devices that feature a USB-C™ interface that supports SuperSpeed USB 10Gbs. Designed to work with the latest and most common camera media including CFast™, CFexpress, RED Mini-Mag®, CF, microSD™ and SD™ cards. The series of PRO-READERS are expected to be available this summer.

· PRO-DOCK 4 – A new revolutionary 4-bay reader docking station that can bridge capture and ingest with a truly scalable offloading solution that saves critical time and money on multi-camera productions. The PRO-DOCK 4, expected to be available later this summer, enables up to four simultaneous card offloads.

· A new 4TB* G-DRIVE™ ArmorLock™ Encrypted NVMe™ SSD along with our trusted line up of G-DRIVE™ ultra-rugged portable drives, desktop devices featuring our enterprise-grade Ultrastar® drives, and G-RAID™ and G-RAID SHUTTLE transportable, enterprise-grade RAID solutions (now featuring both Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C support) that offer an exceptional range of reliable, high-performance, high-capacity drives for everything from transfer to 100TB+* back up and archive for all types of mission-critical content. The broad range of new drives are expected to begin rolling out by early June.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The entire family of products of Sandisk Professional series
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information