User Tag List

Thread: Freshly laid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Freshly laid

ID: Striped Albatross butterfly egg

While returning back from a decent trail, spotted this hyperactive butterfly that seemed to be fluttering around a particular plant, along the side of the road, on close observation we realized that it was laying eggs, and on getting closer to the plant realized that the butterfly was laying insane amount of eggs on the freshly growing leaves of the host plant, with almost 10-11 of the eggs already laid on the tips of the tiny leaves. The butterfly kept on looking for other options, and sometimes laying the eggs on other parts of the plant, but eventually would return onto these leaves, irrespective of the presence of us around it, and our lens intruding into its zone. Eventually the butterfly moved ahead, few metres from this plant and started feeding on the flower, probably replenishing some energy for the further activities. It was interesting to spot this beauty lay so many eggs in such a hurry and in such a compressed area, and under magnification, the eggs, hardly a mm long, had such a unique shape, details, and texture.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro + Raynox(cropped down further for magnification)
    F/13
    Shutterspeed 1/250
    ISO 500
    Handheld, Inbuilt flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closely observing its activities gives insights to its behavior. Good details on the egg. I feel a vertical compositon would also look good. Thanks for sharing the detailed information. Look forward to more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The structure of the tiny butterfly egg looks amazing. You got the focus right. Do you have a wider shot showing lot of eggs? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information