contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Looking for the best binocular for birdwatching and wildlife observation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking for the best binocular for birdwatching and wildlife observation

Hi everyone,

Can anybody please suggest me a best binocular for birdwatching and wildlife observation purpose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There are different types of binoculars based on quality, size and budget. While buying binoculars you will find some numbers like 8x42, 10x40, 10x50 etc. Here the first number say 8 or 10 is the magnification ie. how many times (8 or 10 times etc) the binocular magnifies. Greater the number better is the size of the distant bird through your bino. The second number is the size of the objective diameter. Higher the objective diameter, better is the light gathering capacity. So between a binocular 8x25 and 8x42, the 8x42 will be brighter. So between 8x42 and 10x50, the 10x50 will give you a bigger and brighter image. However, generally the 10x50 binoculars are bigger in size.

Then comes the quality of lenses in the binocular. That adds to the size and cost. There are also binoculars with image stabilization technology built-in.

If you are going on a trek, then carrying a bigger binocular can be tough if you have lot of other equipment as well. However, if you are on a safari vehicle or say in a boat in Sundarbans then it is easy to carry. If you are going to park yourself in a hide or watch tower, then definitely get the biggest and best. So frankly speaking without knowing your needs it is difficult to suggest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for such a detailed information. That was really helpful.
    Well, I often go for trekking and hiking in the forests. Had been to safari and watch tower for any other purpose but just as a tourist. So, I may have to look for a lighter one, right?
    And which brand you think is reliable and trustworthy in terms of quality and performance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In India among the binoculars that are available, Nikon is a trusted one. The Nikon aculon range is the cheaper range of binoculars.
    For bird watching and general wildlife, I am giving two links below. Check it out.
    Nikon Aculon A211 12x50 (Black). Price: Rs. 8299/-
    https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...dc363740a221b0

– Prism Type: Eco-Glass Lenses
    – Field of view 5.2°
    – Magnification power 12
    – Eye relief 11.5mm
    – Weight 910g

Nikon Action Extreme 16x50 Zoom ATB Binoculars (Black)

It is a bit heavier at 1kg 40 Grams and costlier as well. price: Rs.16350

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...1e5b206ec25896

Thread Information