User Tag List

Thread: Tiger on cameratrap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tiger on cameratrap

Posting after a very long time.
    Been busy with work and lot of other cameratrap project in UAE; that kept me occupied and had no time to post and write comment on other's post.

A teaser from recent on going work at foot hills of Himalayas , though the target species is leopard cat but it seems tiger love my cameratrap and hence getting them on every trap almost daily.
    It is always a different feeling to capture tiger in wide angle lens. Unfortunately, for many camera trap users, the reality has not been so easy.

Hit & miss is the part of the game.
    Name of the game is patience what matters is how & where you deploy your camera.

This image is taken at foothills of Himalaya , only one flash was deployed with canon 7D body , lens used here is 11-16mm Tokina at 11mm focal length , 1/250 , ISO-800 , manual mode.

Trap was set purposely between the bushes and well camouflaged , many a times I have seen tigers avoiding the camera by slightly going away from camera and then back to same path.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great image . Very nice to know the tiger is surviving in these regions.Where exactly has this been photographed .Is it India or some other neighbouring country.This looks smaller than the Bengal tiger.Thanks for sharing .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent capture. Agree with Shyamalaji's comment, this one seems to be smaller in size, adolescent perhaps? Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Vipin,
    This has come out well.

Tigers can see infrared and are known to avoid. So you see that tigers move back and then join the same path they were following.

No stealing of cameras?

Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys , to answer to all your question.
    This a young male tiger hence may be looking small , also lens used here is wide angle 11-16mm Tokina at 11mm focal length that may also giving a smaller size effect.

Yes , no stealing of camera. This place doesn't come under Corbett area , it's in a periphery and one is allowed to put cameratrap. No human movement also it is dangerous to move around in day or night.
    We used to move around in a group of 3-4 people.

More danger is from elephant not from tiger. Once my camera was kicked 20" ft down in a valley by an elephant.
    Shall soon post some more images.

Thread Information