ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Bat with pup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bat with pup

Continue with my bat project , the bats would leave their roosts at dusk and predictably will fly thru a door.
    With an infrared beam break sensor connected to the Phototrap controller, the bats would break the beam when they hit the sweet spot. In a normal camera trapping scenario, you would typically connect the sensor to the camera which would then open the shutter and fire the flashes. For bats in flight, though, this configuration is too slow. In the split second it takes for the mechanical shutter on the camera to open, the bat has already moved out of the frame. The way around this is to keep the shutter on the camera continuously open, and connect the Phototrap controller directly to the flashes. In darkness, the flash creates the exposure in one burst of light equivalent of a shutter speed of 1/4000th, or even faster.
    This is a special image , a mum bat with a pup flying out to feed in night.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is really amazing to observe and photograph this species, we know so less about them and also photographing them is so tough. Nice pose captured. Is the pup on her belly in the centre? Nice frame. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It seems my comment had not got saved. This is an interesting picture. So much can be learnt from such images. Earlier these kinds of images were not at all possible. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information