ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Nikon launches D3s camera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Nikon launches D3s camera

Nikon today has announced the D3s camera. It is a full frame camera (36x23.9mm sensor) with 12.1 megapixels, movie mode at 720p, and ISO expandable upto an unthinkable 102400; and buffer at 48 raw frames. I am including the main features below:

Main Features of Nikon D3s

• ISO performance: ISO 12800 as standard, expandable to ISO equivalent of 102400 (Hi 3)
    • Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor with 12.1 effective megapixels
    • Improved D-Movie function including High-Sensitivity Movie mode and flicker reduction function
    • Nikon’s Integrated Dust Reduction System including Image Sensor Cleaning function
    • Incorporates Nikon’s original EXPEED digital image processing
    • Active D-Lighting with bracketing for up to 5 frames
    • Picture Control: Standard, Vivid, Neutral and Monochrome (Landscape and Portrait can be downloaded from Nikon website)
    • Quick response with approx. 0.12 seconds start-up time and approx. 0.04 seconds shutter-release time lag
    • 9-frames-per-second shooting rate in FX format, 11 fps in DX crop (CIPA Guidelines)
    • Nikon’s original Scene Recognition System, utilizing 1,005-pixel RGB sensor, for more accurate autofocus, auto exposure, i-TTL flash control and auto white balance
    • Multi-CAM 3500FX AF sensor module featuring 51 AF points
    • Viewfinder with approx. 100% frame coverage and approx. 0.7x magnification in FX format
    • Durable shutter unit proven by 300,000 cycles of testing on fully assembled camera
    • Intelligent power management that lets you shoot up to approx. 4,200 frames per charge (based on CIPA Standards)
    • Easy-to-access Live View modes with dedicated button
    • Quiet Shutter-release mode for nonintrusive shooting
    • High-definition (approx. 921k-dot), 170˚ viewing angle, 3-in. VGA LCD monitor with tempered glass

For further details, please check:
    http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...r/d3s/spec.htm

For Press Release, please check:
    http://www.nikon.com/about/news/2009/1014_d3s_01.htm

For sample images, please check:
    http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...d3s/sample.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news for Nikon Lovers indeed. However, i did check with a Singapore store a couple of days ago and they were retailing it at 4900 USD (body). Would be interesting to see the Indian price points though. Am told it is getting launched in India by November.

Rajan

Thread Information