ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Blackbuck, Ganjam, Orissa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blackbuck, Ganjam, Orissa

A handsome blackbuck (Antelope cervicapra) glistens in the golden late afternoon light in Ganjam, Orissa.

Body: PENTAX K 10D
    Lens: smc PENTAX DA* 300mmF4 ED(IF) SDM
    Exposure Bias Value: -0.7 EV
    Exposure Program: Aperture priority
    Exposure Time: 1/1600 sec
    F-Number: F4
    Flash: Flash did not fire, auto
    Focal Length: 300.0 mm
    ISO Speed Ratings: 400
    Metering Mode: Multi-segment
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Aditya Panda; 23-01-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aditya,

I uploaded your image and deleted the previous thumbnail. Somehow the image had got crunched.

A fine image. A bit of head turn towards you would have strengthened the image manifold. Your image looks a little dark. Actually, due to the border it normally becomes difficult to judge. So confirmed with the histogram as well. Did the corrections.

The image nicely depicts the environment the black bucks live in. The houses in the background tell us the harmony with the human beings and the protection accorded to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Aditya,

I uploaded your image and deleted the previous thumbnail. Somehow the image had got crunched.

A fine image. A bit of head turn towards you would have strengthened the image manifold. Your image looks a little dark. Actually, due to the border it normally becomes difficult to judge. So confirmed with the histogram as well. Did the corrections.

The image nicely depicts the environment the black bucks live in. The houses in the background tell us the harmony with the human beings and the protection accorded to it.
    Thanks a lot. Even I was concerned about the image looking underexposed, but every time I opened it in Photoshop, it looked fine. So getting a little confused I preferred to leave it alone. I take your opinion regarding borders on images to be critiqued, but after following a standard practice with all my web images since two years, it now feels a little weird and awkward to me to suddenly start posting them without the border. A change I have planned to impose upon myself in this regard is to at least change the colour of the border to either white or black depending upon the mood of the image. Hope to be able to implement that soon.

I'll post a few images with a head turn towards me. In this one, the buck appears as if its curiously staring at something. More blackbucks coming up!

Cheers,
    Aditya
    Last edited by Aditya Panda; 23-01-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-posting after correcting the exposure. Do let me know if its an improvement.

Thread Information