ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tigress with family

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Tigress with family

She had four cubs. Two of them were resting a few feet away.

Canon EOS 10D, Canon EF 300mm F4 L IS USM, ISO 100, f 4.5, 1/180, full frame. Some more depth of field would have been good. However, I was worried about the low shutter speeds as I was on top of an elephant to get a better view and the elephant was too busy in feeding.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the relaxed afternoon resting feel of the image. The triangle formed with the three heads looks good too... Thanks for sharing.

Do tell us about the limitations of the EOS 10D so that we can know how much things have advanced since that model.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to get the whole family in one photograph. Its nice that they all are looking in the same direction. Wish the leaf was not covering the tigress eye. Nice composition.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bibhav,
    I was mostly using ISO 100 in the EOS 10D. At times, I have used ISO 200 and in a very few cases more than that. These days, the noise has become better controlled.

The AF points were only 7. I had shifted from EOS 1V film camera. It had the 45 point AF. So the difference was huge. Today, the number of AF points in the entry segment is more than what I had in EOS 10D.

The frame rate was only 3 fps in Raw and you can continuously shoot 9 frames before filling the buffer. You can compare with the present cameras. I hear people complaining of missing the action as their buffer filled up. It was important to wait and anticipate the peak action.

The file size is small as compared to a 40D or 50D that most of the people use these days. I never used to crop with the 10D.

The files used to look good as compared to a EOS 1D Mark II. The EOS 1D Mark II files are muted in comparision and needs processing.

I will add more thoughts as and when it come to my mind. I am currently reviewing my older images. It is important to look at your previous images. One can learn a lot.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow ! this is nice sabyasachi, it is good that the cubs are nearing the adulthood & look healthy. what is the total count of tigers at Bandhavgarh & good time to visit .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Praveen,
    In the tourism zone there would be about 20 tigers. Good time is always summer. From November till jan is very crowded.

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh WOW I loved this pic.. The three of them make a lovely image. What I liked most is that the two tigers on the top are almost identical.. the eyes , the expression ,whiskers and the fall of the mouth are exactly the same. I also like the way sunlight is falling on them.

Only I wish the leaf was not covering the bigger tigers eye. But even with it .. the image is wonderful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T..... Sabyasachi.... u got lucky this time... have always loved yr tiger pics... but to get a family portrait.... in such a tranquil mood.... is just way out....
    congratulations....

Thread Information