w w w . i n d i a w i l d s . c o m
home
about Sabyasachi Patra
diary
forums
image gallery
contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Sun Rise in Sharavathi Backwaters

  1. #1
    Join Date
    15-11-09
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Sun Rise in Sharavathi Backwaters

    Camera: Canon 40D
    Lens : Canon 50mm F1.8
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    24-11-08
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    16,259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Ahiraj,
    I found this exif details in your image: ISO 100, f14, 1/160 second, self timer.

    I like the composition. You have used the foreground dead trees to nicely lead the eye into the image. There are lot of layers in this image and that also increase the depth perception. And the f14 aperture has also helped. The colours are nice. I wish the reflection of the sun were a bit toned down.

    Overall a fine capture.

    By the way, are you shooting in Raw? Nice use of that 50mm lens. Look forward to more images.

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

  3. #3
    Join Date
    24-11-08
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    15,854
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Beautiful. Liked the composition. The reflections in the water and the mountains in the BG enhance the image further. I would crop a bit from the right to exclude the small tree at the right bottom.

    Look forward to more..
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

  4. #4
    Join Date
    07-09-09
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    2,904
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahiraj this is fantastic you can use this as calender or post card. I agree with Sabyasachi the sun rays can be toned down a bit, it is striking our attention a bit too much.
    Overall the image is simply beautiful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    15-11-09
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Hi Ahiraj,
    I found this exif details in your image: ISO 100, f14, 1/160 second, self timer.

    I like the composition. You have used the foreground dead trees to nicely lead the eye into the image. There are lot of layers in this image and that also increase the depth perception. And the f14 aperture has also helped. The colours are nice. I wish the reflection of the sun were a bit toned down.

    Overall a fine capture.

    By the way, are you shooting in Raw? Nice use of that 50mm lens. Look forward to more images.

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Hi Sabyasachi
    I took this snap at 7.30 am . The p[alce was covered with mild mist and the atmosphere was really soothing. To have the soothing effect .. i did not captured the sun. I have toned a bit down suns reflection. I use canon Photoprofessional software which i got from Canon with my camera. I believe it does not support selective( specific part of a image) toning. ( need to learn processing )

    If a tone down the entire image.. ten i will loose the photograph mood which i perceived during the shot
    i always take photograph in Raw Format

    Thanks for your suggestion

    Regards

    Ahiraj Bhat

  6. #6
    Join Date
    15-11-09
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Beautiful. Liked the composition. The reflections in the water and the mountains in the BG enhance the image further. I would crop a bit from the right to exclude the small tree at the right bottom.

    Look forward to more..
    Hi Mrudul

    I agree with You.
    The Tree on the right is distracting.

    Thank You Mrudul for your suggestion and also for Introducing me to this wonderful Site.

    Regards

    Ahiraj Bhat

  7. #7
    Join Date
    15-11-09
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praveen Siddannavar View Post
    Ahiraj this is fantastic you can use this as calender or post card. I agree with Sabyasachi the sun rays can be toned down a bit, it is striking our attention a bit too much.
    Overall the image is simply beautiful.
    Thank you Praveen

  8. #8
    Join Date
    24-11-08
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    16,259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahiraj,
    I did subtle changes. One can't tone down the bright reflection much without compromising on the overall mood. I cropped the dead tree stump on the right to check the impact.

    I have an older version of DPP. I don't know whether the new version allows changes in tone curve. I used lightroom to reduce the highlights a bit.

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #9
    Join Date
    15-11-09
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Ahiraj,
    I did subtle changes. One can't tone down the bright reflection much without compromising on the overall mood. I cropped the dead tree stump on the right to check the impact.

    I have an older version of DPP. I don't know whether the new version allows changes in tone curve. I used lightroom to reduce the highlights a bit.

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Hi Sabyasachi

    I agree with you,

    The changes done really enchances the mood. At th the same time, no distraction for the leading eye( The tree on the right hand side)

    Regards

    Ahiraj Bhat

  10. #10
    Join Date
    16-12-08
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow..This is absoloutely stunning...This pic does give a very soothing feeling.. Thanks for posting & sharing...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    13-11-09
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello Ahiraj,

    I loved this pic.. I got lost in the picture and the mist had a very 'dreamy' kind of an effect on me.. I love the depth it has on the left ... eye seems to travel to infinity.. Lovely..

    Where exactly is this place ?? Somewhere near Shimoga/ Shrungeri ???

    Thanks
    Anu

  12. #12
    Join Date
    17-12-08
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    4,589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lovely composition. I like the image. Good that you excluded the sun from the image. the tonality is very well balanced.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    15-11-09
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usha Harikrishnan View Post
    Wow..This is absoloutely stunning...This pic does give a very soothing feeling.. Thanks for posting & sharing...
    Thank you Usha

  14. #14
    Join Date
    15-11-09
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Anu

    This place is called "Gubgodu" just 17 kms from sagar ( sagar is 60kms from Shimoga)

    Regards

    Ahiraj Bhat

  15. #15
    Join Date
    15-11-09
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bibhav Behera View Post
    Lovely composition. I like the image. Good that you excluded the sun from the image. the tonality is very well balanced.
    hi Bibhav

    Thank You

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •