ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Innocence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Innocence

This is from my 2005 files. This tiger cub was photographed in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve. Its mother had gone for hunting and had left him back along with his brother.

As soon as this fellow saw us, he came down towards the gypsy. He was about 7-8 feet away from me. At one point of time I thought this inquisitive cub will jump into the open gypsy as it was crouching. I had to leave my photographing and stand up.

Finally it settled down and even rolled over. That one hour 20 minutes is very memorable for me. No other gypsys were there at that time. They only left the place when another gypsy reached the place and screeched to a halt. I even ran out of card, opened the laptop and downloaded and then again shot. I used to shoot slides as well as digital in those days.

The frame was very tight with the 1.6 crop factor of the EOS 10D camera. So I quickly decided to crop a part of the ear as well as the paw to kind of balance each other. Look forward to your views on that.

Canon EOS 10D, EF 300mm F4 L IS USM, ISO 100, f5.6, 1/45th of second, full frame.

I used to photograph at ISO 100 and used to get sharp shots even at these slow shutter speeds. Processed in lightroom with default sharpening.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is very aptly titled.. the expression is really very innocent. I loved the image. I think you got really lucky to spend so much time with the cub and managed to click this one despite the shortage of cards .

I have gone through all your tiger images .. have commented only on a few but just wish to let you know that I have enjoyed all your tiger pics.

Cheers
    Anu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice and sharp... Personally i would have tried including both ears and cropping off a bit of both paws.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He truly looks very innocent... Nicely taken..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi this is really nice, truely an innocent look for the most deadliest cats. Lucky you to have spent so much time with the cub. As mentioned by Anu there is a slit tilt, I wish you could have got the full image.
    TFS

Moharli, Tadoba TR & Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread Information