Today (10th Dec) we complete a whole year for Indiawilds. As we look back at the bygone year, we see with pride, the path that we have traversed, the hurdles we have overcome and the milestones we have etched over the months.

It all started with a passionate person registering his domain for a website, and then pondering that the best way to constantly improve and evolve in photography is to critique and discuss. How do you do that? Enter Indiawilds... An honest dedicated initiative to help people learn, understand and hone their photography skills whatever level that person might be in.

A lot of effort has gone into making the content of the site, be it the articles on conservation, or the elaborate tutorials and tips on technique and processing. The publisher has not left any stone unturned to share from more than 17 years of his association with photography with the members of this initiative. A brilliant effort there and the results show in bold.

Another helpful venture has been the foray into the animal behaviour section where newbies and even veterans in the field can contribute and understand the behavour of animal: a factor whose understanding is extremely important in wildlife photography.

Apart from photography and the tips, a major USP of this initiative has been the extremely open and vivid discussions on conservation. A no holds barred opinions galore urging people to realise and think about the environment and discuss issues relating to them. The conservation section is now rich with articles about the various issues plaguing our environment and its inhabitants.

We have gathered momentum fast and have reached over 650 members in a year and over 11,500 posts speak volumes of the amount of content and the discussions on the site. A great milestone I would say. But not enough... We are constantly evolving keeping the core idea and values of the initiative in bold in front of our eyes. The road ahead shall be ventured forth with the brilliant contributions from the members of this forum. Feedbacks and suggestions are always welcome either on the forum or to the publisher directly. They shall be considered with great regard.

A final note would be to thank all the members for making this a successful start. Let us all work towards enriching ourselves and our friends with the vast amount of knowledge that we share via this forum. I think it would be unfair on my part if I did not congratulate Sabyasachi on his venture. On behalf of the Indiawilds family, here's congratulating you on the first birthday of your child, Indiawilds and hoping that your enthusiasm and passion for wildlife always pushes you to the extremes that it already does

Wishing all a Happy Anniversary...