ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Happy Anniversary IndiaWilds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Happy Anniversary IndiaWilds

Today (10th Dec) we complete a whole year for Indiawilds. As we look back at the bygone year, we see with pride, the path that we have traversed, the hurdles we have overcome and the milestones we have etched over the months.

It all started with a passionate person registering his domain for a website, and then pondering that the best way to constantly improve and evolve in photography is to critique and discuss. How do you do that? Enter Indiawilds... An honest dedicated initiative to help people learn, understand and hone their photography skills whatever level that person might be in.

A lot of effort has gone into making the content of the site, be it the articles on conservation, or the elaborate tutorials and tips on technique and processing. The publisher has not left any stone unturned to share from more than 17 years of his association with photography with the members of this initiative. A brilliant effort there and the results show in bold.

Another helpful venture has been the foray into the animal behaviour section where newbies and even veterans in the field can contribute and understand the behavour of animal: a factor whose understanding is extremely important in wildlife photography.

Apart from photography and the tips, a major USP of this initiative has been the extremely open and vivid discussions on conservation. A no holds barred opinions galore urging people to realise and think about the environment and discuss issues relating to them. The conservation section is now rich with articles about the various issues plaguing our environment and its inhabitants.

We have gathered momentum fast and have reached over 650 members in a year and over 11,500 posts speak volumes of the amount of content and the discussions on the site. A great milestone I would say. But not enough... We are constantly evolving keeping the core idea and values of the initiative in bold in front of our eyes. The road ahead shall be ventured forth with the brilliant contributions from the members of this forum. Feedbacks and suggestions are always welcome either on the forum or to the publisher directly. They shall be considered with great regard.

A final note would be to thank all the members for making this a successful start. Let us all work towards enriching ourselves and our friends with the vast amount of knowledge that we share via this forum. I think it would be unfair on my part if I did not congratulate Sabyasachi on his venture. On behalf of the Indiawilds family, here's congratulating you on the first birthday of your child, Indiawilds and hoping that your enthusiasm and passion for wildlife always pushes you to the extremes that it already does

Wishing all a Happy Anniversary...
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Congratulations & Happy Anniversary Indiawilds

The advance of the Internet, and the technological change in digital photography have come together to impact our lives in many ways; but very few would have thought, a few years ago, that it would result in a major innovation in a field of wildlife. Until recently enthusiasts were never even near a net connection. Yet one man who hails from Orissa "Sabyasachi Patra" has in a short time, managed to build up a strong association and bond between diverse people, by starting Indiawilds (www.indiawilds.com), an online resource for Indian wildlife and photography lovers. He has managed in keeping this online web-wildlife forum up and running successfully for past one year. An essential aspect of India wilds is that it is non-commercial. At present there is no membership cost. Sabyasachi takes care of all issues leading to the smooth functioning of India wilds. I think the message is quite clear that India wilds be a "Nature Lovers Paradise" who can freely share their love for nature seek friendships and continue to learn from each other. Today the 10th December 2009 we reach a milestone of successfully completing one year of this online website.

I must congratulate Sabyasachi for his sincere, honest & dedicated approach for keeping the site up and running until now. I must also congratulate all members ~ 650 I guess for sharing their images, thoughts and concerns towards conversation of our forests.

Sabyasachi once again “Hearty Congratulations” to you and all members on occasion of the 1st Anniversary of www.indiawilds.com:)

Best Wishes,
    Praveen Siddannavar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishing all a very happy Anniversary !!! Wow.. its surely an achievement to watch India Wilds reaching the landmark of one year.. Great going folks.. The contribution does come from all the members & particularly, I have to mention about Sabyasachi for being persistant & pursuing his passion towards photography & his pet focus on Tigers... Lets keep it going.. on & on & on... ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India Wilds completes a year..... the year has been good... going by the number of posts, and the increase in number of members, forums have widened, discussions have been energiatic...
    Time now to look ahead, towards setting the next mile stone and the next one after that... :-)
    Great going India Wilds.... !!! All the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Congrats and time to give back....

Many congrats to India wilds and the Team behind it especially Mr. Patra. Its is indeed a fantastic forum for wild life lovers and Photography .

I don’t know if Im going off limits, but isn’t this also the time to ask ourselves if there is anything at all that we can do for this forum ??? When it gives us so much in terms of Learning, Information, making new acquaintances and most of all the sheer joy of contributing for the one passion which easily out weighs all others – WILDLIFE CONSERVATION should we not give back what we can ??? It is but natural that we should want to keep this forum as wonderful , vibrant and SELF SUSTAINING. I have no idea about the revenue model on which it runs but im sure it must involve significant expenses. Should we not be sharing them and make the forum SELF SUSTAINING ????

Im sure others would have raised this issue before, Personally i would be very happy to do whatever i can ......But let us all give it a thought and congrats once again

Regards
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Happy Anniversary

Hi Indiawilders :-)

Happy anniversary and thanks to one and all - especially our own Sabyasachi for making Indiawilds, what it is today. But for his initiative, coupled with active, meaningful, honest and sincere participation by the forum members, this special day would not have been possible. Wishing INDIAWILDS all the best for many more years.

Roopak has raised a very important and pertinent point on sustenance for the long run. I would like to point you all to a link on this subject earlier, which died a natural death.

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429

I honestly feel we should revisit this with more vigor this time around - now that we do have a critical mass.

I know Sabyasachi has a big heart (and possibly a matching wallet) but honestly, one of the reasons for my constrained participation is the guilty feeling of not being able to contribute for the self sustenance of this wonderful forum, thereby atleast sharing his burdens.

Hope with the new year and the strenght of numbers, we can collectively make this happen.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great News...Many Congratulations and Happy Birthday to IndiaWilds. Many Many Happy returns of the day

IndiaWilds is fantastic place to learn and to share thoughts about nature photography. I really loved the wildlife conservation forum above all. Though I'm unable to contribute my words here frequently

IndiaWilds... keep Going and make someone's life happy and fill the passion in everyone's heart

All best wishes,

Cheers, Rahul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Happy Anniversary

All.

Great site. Great people. Useful discussions. This is one site I log into every day

I will be more than happy to support this initiative.

Please let us know how we can support.

Best

Thread Information