ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tigress and Cub

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Tigress and Cub

This image was captured after the tiger cub image in the previous post in Tadoba.

The cub was watching us from behind a clump of bamboo. When I turned back and saw the cub, I asked the driver to stop the jeep and clicked. The cub immediately hid behind the bush. The tigress was moving ahead in the road. So I followed her for a distance. The tigress then left the road and turned right to move into the forest. Remember, the two cubs had entered into the jungle on our left. They were atleast 200 meteres behind us.

After waiting for 10 minutes or so, the driver and the forest guide told me that the tigress would have gone ahead. However, I was not convinced. I knew the tigress was fooling us. So I asked the vehicle to turn back. We looked at the place where the cubs had entered the forest, but found no sign of them. After some distance, I could see the tigress and her cubs on a bund about 10 meters high. Fortunately, I had looked up. The driver and guide had completely missed her. It was a big learning about the intelligence of the tiger. I am always amazed by the intelligence of the tiger.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 300mm F4L IS USM
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information