ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: A Dream called Tiger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Dream called Tiger

Feb 20, 2010 6:15PM, Bandipur. A day that I will remain in my Memories forever I was returning from a very unsuccessful safari. My friend Bhojaraj was keen in photographing the setting sun. I was very much tiered of driving and wanted to go back and sleep, but wanting to photograph the setting Sun we asked Pradeep (the JLR driver) to take an adjacent forest route so that we can photograph the Sun. "Alli Tiger" Bhoja whispered… I woke up suddenly and saw, the ever-majestic male tiger AGASTYA sitting just 20 feet away from us. That was my first Tiger sighting. My 40D started bursting. I think Agastya knew this was my first Tiger sighting. Therefore, he gracefully offered me all poses for 45 minutes. In addition, I took the king’s photographs even with my 17-40L :-). What more can I ask for...my dream of seeing my first Tiger in South India, was fulfilled... The next day was even more fascinating.... Agastya again appeared in front of me for more than 20 minutes, giving some magical images.... I dedicate this image to the most beautiful animal of my India... TIGER Thanks for looking.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. The details are great. It seems you were really lucky to see it at such a short distance and for such a long time . I am still waiting to get some photographs of the tiger in South India. I have sighted it, but just for a few second and it was gone. Seems my tiger luck is not good .

The composition is nice. Was it sitting on the road? Could you capture its yawn from any other angles? Waiting to see more. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Mridul, this huge fella was sitting on a forest road. He had good meal, hence refused to move an inch. Since the distance was too less for my 500, I clould only make profile shots. But then I have made some action shots....rolling, yawning, staring at us etc.. in my wide angle lens (17-40). Will post them soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extremely beautiful. The composition is nice. I would have liked a better head angle, but the scene is so appealing that its not that much an issue. I love this... Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Subramanya,
    I am so thrilled by your account. I can understand the feeling. Given the difficulty in sighting and creating an image without the clutter of the lantana bushes, this is certainly a great sighting. You got it well. What are the exif details?

Am impatient to see the images created with the 17-40.

Long live the King!

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just love this image. Love the colours, the wide gape, the sharpness, the details, the BG...
    TFS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is a fantastic picture.Good job.Keep it up.I think as we come down south photographing tigers becomes tougher and tougher.Photographing a Tiger in Tamil Nadu may be tougher than in Karnataka!Still more difficult in Kerala.I hope to do it one day.Subramanya is my ispiration!!
    Last edited by V S Sankar; 22-02-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good photo. You are really lucky to see the tiger for such a long time at such a close distance.

Moharli, Tadoba TR & Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class image..Just wish it will be from front...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes ! I Is Always a Dream of Seeing and Photographing a Tiger in The Wild for a wild life Lover! Lovely Picture ! Thanks For Sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very beautiful. Yes, it is a dream to see such an amazing animal close up. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Subramanya, thats' very close.

TFS.

Thread Information