User Tag List

Thread: Desert beauty-Dharti Dhora Ri -The Land of Sand Dunes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Desert beauty-Dharti Dhora Ri -The Land of Sand Dunes

DHARTI DHORA RI
    The accumulation of windblown sand marks the beginning of one of nature's most interesting and beautiful phenomena. Sand dunes occur throughout the world, from coastal and lakeshore plains to arid desert regions. In addition to the remarkable structure and patterns of sand dunes, they also provide habitats for a variety of life which is marvelously adapted to this unique environment.
    Picturesque dunes against a sky of blue or a full moon, with perfectly contoured shadows of ripples and undulating crests, have always been a favorite subject of me. Dunes have also been the subject of many desert movies like laila manjnu ,lekin, meera ,mehbooba, to latast veer movie, and have historically been a formidable barrier to vehicular and rail travel. Depending upon one's particular situation, they can be one of the most incredibly beautiful, thrilling, eerie, treacherous or just plain inhospitable places on earth.

Origin of Sand Dunes
    The origin of sand dunes is very complex, but there are three essential prerequisites:

1. An abundant supply of loose sand in a region generally devoid of vegetation

2. A wind energy source sufficient to move the sand grains

3. A topography whereby the sand particles lose their momentum and settle out. Any number of objects, such as shrubs, rocks or fence posts can obstruct the wind force causing sand to pile up in drifts and ultimately large dunes.

The direction and velocity of winds, and local supply of sand, result in a variety of dune shapes and sizes. The wind moves individual grains along the inclined windward surface until they reach the crest and cascade down the steep leeward side or "slip face," piling up at the base and slowly encroaching on new territory.
    If the wind direction is fairly uniform over the years, the dunes gradually shift in the direction of the prevailing wind. Vegetation may stabilize a dune, thus preventing its movement with the prevailing wind.

THE DHARTI DHORA RI
    THE LAND OF SAND DUNES
    I wish to draw your kind attention toward the a beautiful song and poem over the land of golden sand dune were wrote by veteran poet mr kanhaiya lal ji sethia of sujan garh distt churu rajasthan
    dharti dhoar ri Kanhaiyalal Sethia – Popular Rajasthani Poet who was Awarded Literary Geniuses of the 20th Century
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sabyasachi Patra; 23-03-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: edit not relevant text

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the information. Please cite your source.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The diagonal lines are intriguing. The Grass tuft is interesting however its placement at the rule of thirds (ROT) position would have enhanced the composition. The hint of the sky doesn't add much but at the same time it cannot be cropped off as it would take away a bit from the grass too. Composing keeping this in mind might have been more beneficial.
    Do cite the sources for the info provided by you as well as the EXIF info for the images to facilitate better critiquing. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The diagonal composition is interesting. The habitat is nicely displayed. Thanks for the information.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Rakesh Sharma;16914]DHARTI DHORA RI

Courtsey i am very much thankful to a free site http://www.desertusa.com/life.html for making my text much interesting and knowledgeable and worthy and the text from dharti dhora ri and its veteran poet shri kanhaiya lal sethia from http://www.rajasthantour4u.com/blog/...aiyalal-sethia

i am thankful to them for making me update from my bottom of heart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Information is good. Composition would have been better.
    TFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Composition is good, the tufts of grass could have been placed to the right.
    The texture is lost out, would have made the image more appealing
    ~ NIKHIL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice pic and write up

Thread Information