ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: The Turn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Turn

This was in Zone 3 in Ranthambore. She was walking towards me, so I tried for a close-up. Since both the tigress and the jeep were in motion, composing was a bit difficult. I was not expecting she will suddenly turn towards left. There were a lot of jeeps around and lot of commotion going on. One such sound caught her attention.

A bit more space below to include the whiskers would have been good, but still I liked this photograph, so sharing with you all.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 200, f6.3, 1/125, focal length 225, hand held, full frame.

Comments and Critiques welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 11-05-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Unconventional composition. You have done well to eliminate the dog collar.

Slightly more space at the bottom would have been good as the chin would have been appeared fully. However, the collar and the antenna may have become visible.

The image is sharp even though you were handholding at 1/125th of second and the tigress was close. Eye contact is nice.

There is an empty space at the bottom left corner. I couldn't notice it in the first instance, so won't say that it distracts. However, without that space the image would have been better. At the present focal length it would not be possible without making the tiger centred. So zooming in a bit more would have been better.

A vertical of the head at 400mm would have been nice as well, but again the antenna hanging below might have become visible.

Having said all this, I know how chaotic the scene is with multiple jeeps racing with each other to reach close to the tigress. Getting a sharp shot without a jeep in such circumstance is great. :-)

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the composition and the way the body forms the diagonal leading to the sharp face. A bit more space at the bottom would have been better. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked this image, the details on the face are good. It is nice to see that the collar is not visible.
    tfs

Thread Information