ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Michahani cub kills humans!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Michahani cub kills humans!!

Just heard from a friend at bandhavgarh that the mirchahani male cub has killed two humans on consecutive days. The disheartening part is, both the incidents happened well inside a village in the buffer zone of the park Another sad part: the tiger had eaten every part of the first kill leaving the head! Now, cages have been set up to capture the tiger and transfer him to the bhopal zoo...

Waiting for someone to throw more light on this or at least even confirm the occurrence.
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sad situation. In the past the Bandhavgarh reserve authorities have branded tigers as maneaters and have imprisoned them in bhopal zoo. The Mirchahani adolescent tiger was growing up to a fine male. There has to be a thorough probe. Unfortunately if a person is dead then the situation would be charged and whether the tiger has eaten the dead bod of the person or some other scavengers will not be established. Nor will people like to believe. Look forward to hearing more about this case. I will try to find out.

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I heard about this too. Have been seeing posts on social networking sites about the cub already being captured(?)... However, there don't seem to be any authentic reports as yet.
    If it's true, then it is indeed a sad story. It is disheartening to see that the situation in one of India's foremost tiger reserves is only getting worse. I agree with Sabyasachi's thoughts- all fingers are pointed at the tiger, and plans to capture and imprison it made, even before a thorough probe is done. Would like to hear more about this incident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One can now be sure that the cubs (sub-adults, actually) have been shifted the the van vihar zoo in bhopal, where they will spend the remainder of their life I must agree that too many fingers were pointed at the tigers- without any inquiry. However, when the FD team found the tigers yeaterday morning, the brothers were feeding on a man's carcass! Wish the tigers were relocated to a jungle with more space for tigers (i mean a jungle which hasn't reached its max capacity) like panna, sariska, kaziranga or even nagarjun sagar reserve which can take another 100 tigers comfortably!
    Bhargava

Thread Information