1. The Definition:
Ecotourism is: "Responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people." (TIES, 1990)
2. Principles of Ecotourism:
Ecotourism is about uniting conservation, communities, and sustainable travel. This means that those who implement and participate in ecotourism activities should follow the following ecotourism principles:
- Minimize impact.
- Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect.
- Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts.
- Provide direct financial benefits for conservation.
- Provide financial benefits and empowerment for local people.
- Raise sensitivity to host countries' political, environmental, and social climate.
3. Eco-tourism is a forestry activity, if permitted by The Chief Wildlife Warden.
Ramesh, I appreciate your concern for wildlife and local people. Kindly get permission from concerned forest officials to cleanup the highway passing thru the forest areas.
You can plant trees but cannot create forests