Thread: Two tigers to be introduced in Sariska

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Two tigers to be introduced in Sariska

Dear all,
    One good news.
    The government has given clearance for shifting of 02 more tigers (1 male, 1 female) to Sariska Tiger Reserve. These two will be shifted from Ranthombor Tiger Reserve, which is having more tigers than its capacity.It has been decided to air lift two tigers which has been strayed from Ranthombor boundary. They are presently located in Darrah (near kota) and Kella devi forest. This operation will be carried out on 4th July.
    I will like to remind that Saiska tiger relocation programme started in 2008 and already three tigers (1 male , 02 female) has been shifted there. They have adjusted to new environment but unfortunately not being able to breed like Panna tigers. Whereas Ranthombor is being overcapiciated to its capicity as being a small reserve. Two months back two sub adult tigers which were roaming outside reserve boundary were poisioned by villagers.
    So finally in Sariska tiger roar is going to be more louder. We hope it will again gain its status as premier tiger reserve of India.

Ravindra Yadav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sariska is beset with severe problems. Tigers cannot cope with these conditions.

Habitat should be restored immediately. Only then relocation programs will reap desired results. Tigers are precious stock and every number counts. There is no room for trial and error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a good news that Tigers are been relocated to Sariska, but as Lakshminarayanan has pointed out the problems need to be tackled first.

There are still some villages inside the forest, which need to be relocated. I feel poaching can't be controlled when there people staying or going in the forest.
    I hope the government looks into this problems.

Thanks for sharing the news.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with the previous comments. The Government has till date undertaken stop gap arrangements. The ills afflicting Sariska, namely villages inside the core area, the temple in pandupole and tourists thronging there need to be tackled first. Unless the villages inside Sariska are relocated, poaching will continue. If you read the confessions made by the poachers who wiped out the tigers in Sariska, you would be numbed. The tiger got caught in the noose and one villager and his relative from outside the village, reached the spot two days later. The tiger was very weak by that time. They placed the gun on the body of the tiger and killed it. The villager was paid 8000 rupees to assist in laying the noose and then killing and skinning the tiger. The poachers can very well hide inside the village, so it is a must that the villages are relocated outside the park.

Every saturday and tuesday thousands of people are allowed to enter into the park, free of cost, to visit the temple at pandupole. The amount of disturbance and pollution they create is phenomenal. These two should be tackled else, the relocations will fail.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information