Hi Sabyasachi

I am not sure if this is the right link to post this. Pls temper it appropriately.

Being a part of the IT Industry, I can guess what it takes to run a site like this in terms of direct cost implications - Domain registration, hosting space, storage space, renewals etc. From what i can figure out as of now, there seems to be no visible revenue model that supports this structure - apart from the obvious, which i can imagine - is out of your pockets (correct me if i am wrong)

Was wondering if we can collectively see if we can make it self sustainable - atleast for ensuring continuity and more for having a sense of participation (other than just posting away). I am just a couple of months - a Newbee to this forum and i can already vouch for the dramatic improvement that my photograhpy techniques and visualization has gone through - thanks to the advice and guidance of some of the senior forum members. I personally feel, i am learning a lot here and would love to repay in some form or the other.

There are quite a few revenue generation models - Banner ads, run specialized Wildlife photography classes, get sponsorship from equipment manufacturers etc. The easiest is a nominal subcription fee, which i have no aversion to, but i always want to think out of the box and with the collective grey matter of a forum - i sincerly think we can make it possible.

Honestly, i feel, if we succeed at this, we can even generate some additional money to fund a wildlife or an environmental cause.

As i said earlier, i am not even sure if this is the right place to discuss this and my apologies if i am on the wrong topic and wrong place.

regards
Rajan