User Tag List

Thread: Hi from UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi from UK

Hi everyone, a little about me:

I am a photojournalist and film maker based in Devon in the South West of England. Most of my work has been in magazines, but I am in the process of finishing my first ezine. I have been working for magazines since 1997, making films since 2005.

I have a life long interest in wildlife, having spent most of my childhood in the countryside.

My first visit to India was in 1999 and I have visited most years since then. My only breaks were in 2007, when I went to Sri Lanka and 2009/2010, when I went to Singapore and Malaysia.
    Most of my visits are for between 4 weeks and 10 weeks. I have visited many areas of India, but most often to Karnataka.
    Coorg is my favourite destination, staying with friends close to Sidapur. Mysore is my favourite city, with Bangalore (or do you prefer Bengalaru?) and Bombay (Mumbai) running close behind.
    I would like to get up to the North East at some point, but keep getting dragged back to Coorg. The closest I have got to the hill states is my last trip, when I went to Sikkim.

My gear is a Nikon D80 with a variety of lenses (Sigma 70-200 f2.8 is the best) and a Canon XM2 for film. I am planning to trade it all in for a pair of Canon 550D very, very soon...

I also fish and am involved in conservation work on the Upper Kaveri and other smaller rivers around Coorg. I have seen tigers at Nagarhole, had one very close encounter with a cobra, but have yet to see a leopard in the flesh.

That's probably enough for now. I look forward to your feedback.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Steve,
    Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Good to know about your interests and your involvement in conservation activities. I am sure you will find time to visit other wilderness areas in India as each area has something unique to offer. It is a huge challenge documenting all the wilderness areas and wildlife in India. Unless we document all, it will become difficult to save it.

Look forward to your participation.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Steve,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Its nice to know more about you. Look forward to share your views. Keep posting.

Cheers,
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Steve...
    Good to know about you.
    Welcome to Indiawilds...
    Hope your leopard luck changes soon.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
    I am aware of the massive challenges facing India and will always do whatever I can to help. For many years, I have been a firm believer that there are huge numbers of people who want so desparately to save their country but they feel they are lone voices surrounded by a sea of complacency at best, corruption and greed at worst.
    If only more of them can find their way to forums like this, they would feel hope and a renewed sense of possibility. Continue to do your best guys and let's hope your fantastic wildlife and countryside will be supported and nourished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome Steve,
    ..glad to know about your interest in wildlife photography. i also appreciate your comments...keep posting..
    Dr.Jitendra Katre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ta J, keep posting your great shots...

Thread Information