ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Firmware update for Canon EOS 7D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Firmware update for Canon EOS 7D

Firmware update for Canon EOS 7D. Please go through this link to know how to install the update. http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/fir.../firmware.html
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To be specific, these are the changes in the Firmware version 1.2.2 announced by Canon:

Firmware changes

As per Canon, the Firmware Version 1.2.2 incorporates the following fixes.

Fixes a phenomenon in which the set aperture moves when shooting movies in manual exposure mode using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses).

Fixes the AF point-selection behavior of the C.Fn III-7 (Manual AF pt. selec. pattern) custom function when set to [1].

Fixes the AF point display for the viewfinder electronic level when shooting in the vertical position.

Corrects misspellings in the Spanish and Thai menus for applicable products.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default EOS 7D Firmware Update version 1.2.3

Canon has updated the firmware of EOS 7D and the latest version 1.2.3 is available for download from their site. This firmware change fixes issues related to flash usage.

Firmware version 1.2.3 incorporates the following fixes.

1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the settings of the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 revert to the default settings when both the camera and the ST-E2 are set to auto power off.

2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the Macro Ring Lite (MR-14EX, MT24-EX) and slave flashes do not sync while shooting wirelessly.

The firmware can be downloaded from here: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/fir.../firmware.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sabyasachi:

May sound like a really basic question but can i directly install the latest firmware (is it all inclusive till date) or should I install incrementally?

Regards,
    Tushar
    Regards,
    Tushar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tushar,
    The latest version is to be installed directly. Even if you have missed a few versions inbetween, it doesnt matter. Just ensure that your battery is fully charged and don't press any buttons when the firmware is being updated.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi can you pl tell the steps to follow to install & update, i have never done this before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Praveen,
    It is simple.

First format the card. Then download the software from the link to your computer. Double click on the file to extract it. You can then copy the extracted file to your CF card through the card reader. Remember to copy the file to the root directory of the CF card and not to any subfolder.

Ensure that your battery is fully charged.

Then insert the CF card into the camera. Switch on the camera and press the menu. Scroll to the Firmware version xxx in the menu and then press the SET button (at the back of your camera).

The firmware update screen will appear. You have to Select OK. It will ask you to select the recent version and press OK. The updating now screen will appear.

When the update process goes on, don't press any other button. Once the update is over, it will display the update complete message.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sabyasachi, will try this tomorrow. If i need any help will call you.

Thread Information