ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Vikram Nanjappa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vikram Nanjappa

I studied in Ajmer and Delhi and then worked as a Tea Planter in Kerala, Tamil Nadu and North Bengal.I am now the Chief Naturalist with Orange County - Kabini.

I have been interested in photography and wildlife for a long time , besides that I am also interested in what I call the annals and antiquities of India and of the wider world.

I like to describe myself as an Orientalist of the old school - the interested / informed amateur.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Vikram Nanjappa; 09-03-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Spellings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modesty - thy name is Vikram

Team, i should tell you, Vikram is more than the few lines of description here. Some of my best trips in the jungle have been with Vikram and his good friend Venky. Their knowledge of the jungle, the flora and fauna are some of the best i have seen and i am waiting for the day when he blows a hole in his wallet to get his hands on a slew of photo equipment he is saving for.

Very few people i know have the option of doing what they like, believe and are passionate about as a profession and his profession provides him with an opportunity to be around animals, birds and nature day in and day out - which you and i yearn for as a break for a few days every year.

With the kind of equipment he is planning to lay his hands on, i simply can't dream of the shots he would be churning out through them. Look forward to it ASAP Vikram - all the best.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cheers Vikram!

We will celebrate when you take that plunge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vikram maybee we need to start aother group where we can discuss the old antiquities of India as well,lol look forward to seeing your photographs.
    Regards,Pawan

Thread Information